Main Content Anchor
Moving into a Wesley Mission Queensland retirement community has been one of the best decisions I have ever made. Although initially daunting, retirement has been a joy!
Since the move, my life has been filled with benefits, including:
- setting my own timetable
- slowing down the daily pace of activities
- making time to slot in sudden changes
- meeting friends without time constraints
- taking time to browse when shopping
- revitalising hobbies, sports interests and work skills
- getting involved in groups and clubs to participate in old or new activities including Book Club, Writers’ Group, Diners’ Club, Residents’ Committee
- apply new skills playing various games like Mahjong & Rummikub
- spending time doing volunteer work
- prioritising my dreams
- taking time to ‘smell the roses’
Many people are too nervous to downsize and consider apartment-style living in a retirement community, but it really is ideal. There is less maintenance work (no garden or lawns to mow - just add plants to your patio), increased security and a great sense of community where I feel supported and can have fun!