Anam Cara’s leisure and lifestyle coordinator and enthusiastic staff are on hand to create a daily program of social and recreation events for residents, regardless of physical abilities. There are a variety of events on offer and can include movie nights, coach tours, scrabble games, sing-alongs, and BBQs. Read more
We do dining differently
Residents enjoy the use of their own kitchen complete with a self-serve buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Residents are empowered to make their own decisions about their meals – eating when they want and choosing from a large variety. Read more
Eden in action
Anam Cara has embraced the internationally-recognised Eden Alternative Philosophy of Care. In 2011, Anam Cara became the first aged care home in Queensland to be awarded full Eden in Oz & NZ™ registration and only the second nationwide. In 2013 Anam Cara was named a finalist in the 2013 HESTA Aged Care Awards for the implementation of the Eden Alternative™ philosophy.
Examples of Eden in Anam Cara includes:
- Pets delight residents with friendly visits
- Residents enjoy a coffee and a spot in the sunshine at Anam Cara’s own cafe
- Residents proudly tend to their own gardens
- Residents partake in art and craft clubs
Your additional services lifestyle package at Anam Cara includes a suite of services and amenities to enhance your daily life*.
- All day refreshments, snacks and beverages available.
- Hot breakfast, freshly prepared daily
- Flexible dining
- Private function areas
- Technology access and support
- Flat Screen TV
- A spiritual and reflection retreat
- Day trips and social events
- Onsite hairdresser and beauty service
- Security officer and CCTV surveillance system
*Fees may apply. Contact us to find out more.