Using exercise to improve health
Exercise Physiologists prescribe, design and evaluate exercise programs and are specially trained to adapt exercise to achieve specific health outcomes or work with specific limitations. Anyone can benefit from the specialised services of an exercise physiologist.
Our exercise physiologists:
- Use careful exercise prescription to help you manage and improve the symptoms of a range of chronic conditions including cardiovascular disease, diabetes, osteoporosis, mental health conditions, cancer, pulmonary conditions, osteoarthritis
- Provide gait and posture assessment and retraining
- Help with pain management and relief
- Assist with weight loss
- Provide return to work, workers compensation and injury treatment programs
- Prescribe exercise to improve function and achieve lifestyle goals
- Assist with restoring strength, mobility and stability after illness, injury or surgery.