Throughout our history, Wesley Mission Queensland has received diverse and precious legacies that have helped us to care for the community. Here, we honour and pay respect to the legacies from the past 100 years
The Sanctuary, Wheller Gardens: Mrs E. E. Raymont (1940)
Mrs Raymont’s gift helped build our beautiful Sanctuary. Her gift has greatly enriched the lives of our residents, and those who have been privileged to join in worship.
Cooper House, Wheller Gardens: Mr & Mrs Cooper (Circa 1950)
The Cooper legacy consisted of shares in a skin and hide business that equated to approximately £17,000. Their gift is honoured by the naming of Cooper House.
UHL Hall, Wheller Gardens: Mr G. Alfred L. Uhl (1957)
Mr Uhl’s gift enabled the establishment of the Community Hall at the Garden Settlement, which bears his name.
St Luke’s, Wheller Gardens: Mr A. L. Nevitt (1967)
A wing of St Luke’s bears Mr Nevitt’s name in honour of his generous gift to establish the St Luke’s building.
Sinnamon Village : Edith, Isobel and Percy Sinnamon (Circa 1970)
The Sinnamon family gifted 40 acres of land to the Methodist Church which was used to build Sinnamon Village at 17 Mile Rocks.
Bethesda Caring Centre: Edna May Hill (2000)
The Hill gift was allocated for the ongoing care and support of the Bethesda Caring Centre in Corinda.
Betty Smith Memorial Precinct & Chaplaincy, Wheller Gardens: Betty Smith (2007)
Betty Smith’s service to her friends, the community and the church lasted a lifetime. In honour of her dedication, Wesley Mission
Queensland restored three Marchant cottages to their original condition, dubbed ‘The Betty Smith Heritage Precinct’.
Mr Tracey, former resident of Wheller on the Park, gifted his Estate to Wesley Mission Queensland which was allocated to help build Asher House. Asher House will provide a ‘home for life’ for people with acquired brain injuries.
Wesley Mission Queensland Media Program: Mary Lemke (2014)
One third of the Lemke Estate was specified for our Marketing and Media department to purchase much needed camera and filming equipment.
Sinnamon Village Hydrotherapy Pool
The Sinnamon Village Hydrotherapy Pool opened in 2003 thanks to a number of generous friends and several gifts left in Wills, including;
- Margaret Babbidge
- Dorothy Anstice Ball
- Mavis Buchanan Gilmour and
- Eileen Mavis Wilson
The pool is purpose built to cater for the needs of the whole community, clients seeking general fitness, and people with complex physical and neurological conditions.
If you'd like to get in touch with us about leaving a lasting legacy, please call 1800 448 448 or fill in this form.