Wesley Mission Queensland’s Wellbeing Mental Health Service provides free, short-term therapeutic support (usually around 4-6 sessions), in line with individual goals for people living in the Brisbane south region.
The program may benefit those in areas such as:
- managing stress and anxiety
- building self-confidence and coping skills
- support for grief, trauma or loss
- accessing support to address issues with alcohol and other drugs, gambling, or other addictions
- caring for someone with a mental health concern.
Your session with a Wellbeing Consultant may include:
- peer support and guidance
- assistance with developing practical support, coping strategies and life skills.
Wellbeing Consultants are also able to help you navigate your mental health care journey and connect you with other local supports to assist with your goals.
The Wellbeing Mental Health Service is a Brisbane South PHN commissioned mental health service all of which share a common set of core principles: compassionate practice, human rights focus, consumer defined and supporter empowering, equity of access and cultural respect and capability. These principles focus on the person at the centre, surrounded by natural and broader community supports.
More information about Brisbane South PHN commissioned services can be found here
Accessing this service
There is no cost involved for using this service. To access it, you must live in the Brisbane South region. The service accepts self-referrals and referrals from professionals (with consent from the individual).
Schedule an appointment by calling us directly on 3717 7006 or emailing us here
In an emergency
This program does not support crisis or emergency situations. Please consider these alternatives:
- Lifeline Australia – 13 11 14
- Suicide Call back service – 1300 659 467
- If you are in immediate danger, call emergency services on 000.
We understand that being the person to support someone with a mental health concern can come with its own difficulties. If you’re currently caring for someone, and you would like support, or guidance in your carer’s journey, our Wellbeing Mental Health Service is able to support you.
We're here to help
Call us on 3717 7006 to discuss next steps or fill in the Enquiry form.
This program is supported by funding from the Australian Government through Brisbane South PHN.