Individual Recovery Support
Location: Gold Coast HHS region - team based at Robina
Individual Recovery Support Program (IRSP)
The Gold Coast MHCSS offers adults with severe and/or persistent mental illness an individual recovery support program to assist skills development, relapse preventation and overall support for recovery.
Eligibility criteria for participants include:
- 18 years and over
- Severe and/or persistent mental illness, with a desire to actively work on their recovery to enhance their skills
- Currently receiving clinical care through a Gold Coast Mental Health Service for at least the first three months of the program
- Priority will be given to individuals who are ineligible or not currently accessing the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), as well as those those experiencing frequent hospitalisations related to their mental illness.
This support program is offered for high intensity and frequency support for up to three months, ranging from 2-3 contacts per week. The following nine months involves low intensity support, either weekly or fortnightly. The programs assists participants access a range of individualised, non-clinical, holistic, psychosocial wraparound supports. The program helps participants:
- Maintain good physical health and mental health
- Manage and preventing relapse
- Enhance social inclusion and connection
- Build capacity for autonomy, management of stress and self-advocacy
- Access employment
- Access additional services (e.g. Drug and Alcohol, NDIS)
- Carer support
- Access to Peer Group Recovery Programs.
How can I access this program?
Referrals must be received through the Gold Coast Mental Health Service. Details to send your completed referral and constent form to are:
- Fax: 07 3539 6417
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 07 5569 1870
We're here to help
Call us on 07 5569 1870 to discuss next steps.