St Mark's aged care community
Set amongst the leafy surrounds of the larger Wheller Gardens community, St Mark's comprises of three communities - Church, Settlement and Jubilee - each with its own lounge and dining room.
The homely lounge rooms are equipped with pianos, keyboard, TV, DVD and stereos and allow residents to socialise together.
The spacious outdoor area is a lovely place for St Mark's residents and family to gather, and provides a sensory environment for various St Mark's events.
St Mark's’ leisure and lifestyle coordinator and enthusiastic staff are on-hand to create spontaneous, meaningful and exciting social gatherings and events for residents to take part in, regardless of physical abilities. There are a variety of events available and can include concerts, coach tours, art classes, movie days and game days. Read more.
We do dining differently
Residents enjoy the use of their own kitchen complete with a self-serve buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and are welcome to work alongside our staff to prepare and serve each meal. Residents are empowered to make their own decisions about their meals – eating when they want and choosing from a large variety. Read more.
Eden in action
St Mark's has embraced the internationally-recognised Eden Alternative Philosophy of Care. Examples of Eden in St Mark's includes:
- Residents take part in the regular walking group
- Residents enjoy arts / craft and cooking lass
- Gentlemen's Club and Women's Group
- Residents enjoy the outdoor gardens, including vegetable garden, courtyard garden and vertical garden
- Interaction with on-site pets including cockatiels, budgies, finch and goldfish
- Visits from dogs including Brandi, Tammy and Mia (Monday to Friday)
- Residents are encouraged to use the Braintrainer Plus at their leisure
Your additional services lifestyle package at St Mark's includes a suite of services and amenities to enhance your daily life*.
All day refreshments, snacks and beverages available
Hot breakfast, freshly prepared daily
Technology access and support
Flat screen TV in all rooms
A spiritual and reflection retreat
Day trips and social events
Security officer and CCTV surveillance system
*Fees may apply. Please contact us for more information.