Work with us
Do you want to go to work knowing you're changing lives and making a difference in your community?
Wesley Mission Queensland is an organisation with a dedicated team of more than 2,400 staff and we'd love you to join us. We have a wide variety of opportunities - from support workers, educators, corporate staff, carers and more.
Life at WMQ
As a Wesley Mission Queensland team member, you will be a part of a community of over 2,400 employees and 1,500 volunteers who are committed to making a difference in the lives of the people we support.
Your decision to work for Wesley Mission Queensland will help to achieve our vision of a compassionate, just, and inclusive society for all.
We believe strongly in our values of integrity, respect, empowerment, hope, justice, compassion and innovation and you can expect them to be a part of your day at work.
When you work for Wesley Mission Queensland you can expect:
- A job that is clearly defined, challenging and rewarding
- Relationships based on teamwork, respect and honesty
- Zero tolerance for discrimination, harassment, and bullying or intimidating behaviour
- A manager who you can speak to, who understands your job and who will listen to your ideas and concerns and wherever possible acts on them
- Decisions are made transparently, fairly and applied consistently and
- Workloads that are fair and any issues with workloads are discussed and resolved fairly and quickly.
Wesley Mission Queensland will support you to assist our clients by providing safe workplaces, aged care sector leading pay, flexible work options, contemporary job training, real professional development opportunities, and job security.
Your opinion counts. Wesley Mission Queensland will actively seek your views and feedback through staff surveys, improvement logs,
Chief Executive Officer, Wesley Mission Queensland
The Wesley Charter
That’s why we developed The Wesley Charter, to help guide us in our mission to create a just and inclusive society for all.
A framework for making a difference
The Wesley Charter is an organisation-wide framework defined by three areas: what we value, the way we work, and what we strive for.
It begins with what we value.
As an organisation, we value:
What we value informs the way we work.
In our everyday work:
- We welcome feedback
- We provide support
- We make a difference
- We build positive relationships
- We communicate effectively
- We show respect
- We demonstrate compassion
The way we work helps us to achieve what we strive for.
In working with our customers, we aim to promote:
The Wesley Charter is designed to help our staff and volunteers get the most out of working for Wesley Mission Queensland and in turn, make a difference to the lives of the 100,000 Queenslanders who we support every year.
Join us in our mission. View available job opportunities at WMQ today.