Laidley Crisis Care and Accommodation
Laidley Crisis Care and Accommodation (LCCA) can provide support for people in the Lockyer Valley area who are experiencing homelessness or are at risk of homelessness.
LCCA’s centre based access program provides support, access and referrals to services who can assist people to gain or sustain stable accommodation.
The centre-based support program provides ongoing case management support with the aim to find, secure and sustain stable accommodation.
What is included in centre-based support?
- Help seeking access to the private rental market;
- Advocating with real estate agents;
- Budgeting and life skill development;
- Referrals to other support services;
- Providing support to access accommodation within the community.
LCCA also has an immediate supported accommodation program which provides temporary housing for families in the Lockyer Valley area who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
What's included in immediate accommodation support?
- Access to five (5) properties;
- Low-level support;
- Case management and referrals;
- Accommodation period dependent on need;
- Assistance with building a rental history;
- Rent is based on a percentage of the tenant's income.
LCCA is funded by the Queensland Government's Department of Housing and Public Works.
LCCA is also funded by the Lady Bowen Trust grant to assist in COVID-19 related community support activities for people and families who are homeless or at risk. More information about the Lady Bowen Trust can be located here.