In-Home Child Care
In-Home Child Care is designed to meet the diverse needs of families. It provides flexibility, affordability and exceptional care for children.
Wesley Mission Queensland currently has over 100 families using our In-home Child Care service. Work commitments, location or care requirements are the reasons our families use it.
How does it work?
Our qualified and experienced child care Educator looks after your child(ren) in your own home. Working with you, our Educator creates a fun and educational environment to suit the needs of your child.
Eligibility criteria for families
To access In-Home Child Care, the following criteria needs to be met:
- You’re eligible for the Australian Government Child Care Subsidy (CCS); and
- You can demonstrate that other types of approved child care are not suitable or available at the times required by your child(ren) AND where one or more of the following eligibility criteria apply:
- You are working non-standard or variable hours, outside normal child care service hours
- Your family is geographically isolated from other types of approved child care, particularly in rural or remote locations
- Your family has challenging or complex needs, including experiencing challenging situations.
It’s important to note – In-Home Child Care may be used in combination with other types of care, including other child care service types or government funded or community-based services. However, In-Home Child Care must not be used as a substitute option for other types of care.
If you believe you are eligible for In-Home Child Care, your first step is to contact the In Home Care Support Agency on 1800 99 3737. There is an In Home Care Support Agency in every state. The agency will assess your eligibility. If you're deemed eligible, a Family Management Plan will be developed and then you will be provided with details of Service Providers for you to contact. We are a Service Provider that provides in home child care and we receive the referrals from the In-Home Care Support Agency.
Contact us today
Every family is different. Chat to us today about whether In-Home Child Care is an option for you. And we can answer any questions you may have. Contact us via our contact form and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Or call us between 9am – 5pm, Monday to Friday on 07 3151 6160 and we will be happy to assist.