We care about your privacy and personal information
Personal information collected by Wesley Mission Queensland is protected by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the 'Privacy Act'). Personal information is any information that can be used to identify you and includes sensitive health information.
Wesley Mission Queensland follows the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act in handling personal information from clients/beneficiaries, business partners, donors, members of the public and Wesley Mission Queensland People (including members, volunteers, employees, delegates, candidates for volunteer work and prospective employees).
The Policy is available in hard copy on request, or may be downloaded using the link below, and contains detailed information about WMQ’s responsibilities, your rights, and the information that may be collected by Wesley Mission Queensland and how it would be used.
Download the full policy here
The primary purpose for collecting personal information from you is to provide services.
Services including planning, funding, monitoring and evaluating those services. The kind of personal information we collect will depend on your relationship with Wesley Mission Queensland (e.g. as a client, donor, business partner, employee, volunteer or member, on line user of the Wesley Mission Queensland website). We usually collect personal information directly from you. However, we sometimes collect personal information from a third party such as a carer, trustee or authorised representative or from a publicly available source, but only if:
- You have consented to such a collection or would reasonably expect us to collect your personal information in this way, or
- It is necessary for a specific purpose.
We only collect personal information for purposes that are reasonably necessary for one or more of our functions or activities. Your personal information may be used to:
- Provide you with a good or service
- Provide you with information on services we offer
- Report to government or other funding bodies on how funding is being used
- Process a donation or purchase and to provide receipts
- Communicate with you about how your donation is used or about Wesley Mission Queensland services, causes, events, and / or products which we believe may be of interest to you
- Respond to your feedback or complaints
- Answer your queries
It may also be used for:
- Any other purpose for which it was requested and which was advised to you
- Directly related purposes
Personal information will not be disclosed to third parties without your permission, except where permitted or required under the Privacy Act.
Please be assured that wherever possible Wesley Mission Queensland uses information in a de-identified form.
We take steps to protect all personal, sensitive and health information and government related identifiers held by Wesley Mission Queensland against misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
You can access the personal information that we hold about you, and you can ask us to correct the personal information we hold about you.
If you are listed on one or more of our email lists you can opt out at any time. You can unsubscribe by using the ‘unsubscribe’ option noted in our emails.
Read our full policy
For further information please contact:
The Privacy Officer
Wesley Mission Queensland
930 Gympie Road
Chermside QLD 4032