Your choice, your way
Are you NDIS ready? Whatever you're looking for, we're here to support you on your NDIS journey. Whether it be support with housing, employment, therapy, social connection, or service coordination, we can help. Call us on 1800 448 448 or make an enquiry to find out how we can help.
What is the NDIS?
The NDIS is all about your choice, your way. It's a federal government initiative that changes the way you, or your loved one living with a disability, can receive support services and funding that empowers you to live the life you choose. The new scheme means funding will go to you or your loved one, and you can use an approved service provider, like Wesley Mission Queensland, to create an individualised plan to meet your needs.
We know the NDIS is a big change in disability funding and can be confusing, if you have any questions, please contact our friendly team on 1800 448 448.
Who can access the NDIS?
You or your loved one is eligible for the NDIS if you:
- have a permanent disability that significantly affects your ability to participate in everyday activities
- are under 65 years of age
- are an Australian citizen, a permanent resident, or New Zealand citizen who is a Protected Special Category Visa holder.
Or, if you meet the early intervention requirements:
- your child is 6 years of age or under and has a developmental delay and
- you or your child have a disability that is likely to be permanent or early supports would reduce how much help you or your child need to do things in the future.
For further information on eligibility visit the NDIS Access checklist.
If you currently receive disability services you will be contacted by the National Disability Insurance Agency before your geographical area transitions.
If you are not currently receiving disability services you may still be eligible for the NDIS. Contact our friendly team on 1800 448 448 to find out more.