DO A TREK TO CONNECT!
Do a Trek to Connect is a unique opportunity to challenge yourself and raise vital funds for suicide prevention.
You and three companions will have the unique opportunity to trek 42 km across a beautiful slice of South East Queensland. This guided trek is strictly limited to 25 teams.
This is not a race, but a life-changing experience you don’t want to miss—and every step you take could help save a life.
Do a Trek to Connect will:
- Connect you with nature
- Connect with other like-minded corporate teams, and
- Connect those in our community who urgently need your support.
Take up the challenge and register today!
Why Do a Trek to Connect?
In 2017, there were 804 suicides in the state of Queensland. That’s 15 Queenslanders lost to suicide each week1. Furthermore, Lifeline Australia estimates that there are over 60,000 suicide attempts each year nationwide.
By participating and fundraising in Do a Trek to Connect you will support vital Wesley Mission Queensland suicide prevention initiatives, including:
- Marcus Mission - a whole-of-community approach to suicide prevention with a program designed specifically to reach young men (18-44yrs).
- Suicide Prevention Training - Tailored evidence-based workshops and presentations adapted to suit a range of audiences including businesses, community members and health workers to create awareness and support within a community.
- Expanded Horizons Youth Suicide Prevention - Individual support for young people experiencing suicidal thoughts or behaviours.
Suicide has devastating impacts on families and communities. We need your help to bring about change to those who need it the most.
Registration is $1,000 per team of four people, which includes:
- Free weekly training sessions every Saturday 6am – 9am at Mount Cootha and customised training options available if you cannot make it to Mount Cootha
- Trek to Connect Participant Handbook which includes all the information you need to be prepared
- Professional trek and fundraising support on hand in the lead up to the 19 May
- Medical staff and trek guides, bus transport and vehicle support on event day
- Lunch and refreshments on event day
Before event day, your team is required to fundraise a minimum of $1,000 or $250 per participant to support Wesley Mission Queensland’s suicide prevention initiatives. You will be supported by the fundraising team every step of the way.
Do a Trek to Connect is an empowering journey, a mentally and physically challenging journey, but one you will never forget.
Are you ready to take up the challenge?
Simply click here and REGISTER TODAY!
Trek Route Bus Transfer
1300 865 302
930 Gympie Road
Chermside QLD 4032
If you are struggling with thoughts of suicide please call:
Lifeline 13 11 14
Suicide Call back service 1300 659 467
1Mindframe, Australian suicide data