The Gap Kindergarten and Child Care Centre
The Gap Kindergarten and Child Care Centre offers long day care in a modern space for children to learn and play. We believe in providing children with opportunities to explore, investigate and learn about the world in which they live.
Children enjoy fresh nutritious meals prepared daily by a qualified chef, a nappy service and a beautiful outdoor environment with natural resources.
DOWNLOAD THE FAMILY HANDBOOK
The Gap Kindergarten and Child Care Centre practices
We're guided by the Early Years Learning Framework to offer a responsive learning environment that gives children a happy start. Qualified early childhood teachers lead our kindergarten program to help children transition into Prep.
Prices (including meals and nappies)
Download our fee schedule here.
The Gap Kindergarten and Child Care Centre is open Monday to Friday from 7am until 5:30pm.
At The Gap Kindergarten and Child Care Centre, we know children are unique, competent and capable learners. We want every child to receive a positive and memorable early learning experience.
- Children are unique individuals with rights, thoughts and feelings that are meaningful to them
- Every child will experience a sense of belonging at our centre
- Children learn best through the medium of play
- Learning is a socially and culturally constructed process
In addition we:
- Value daily transitions and routines including meal times where children and educators sit down together in a relaxed atmosphere to share stories - it's a great way for children learn about socially appropriate ways of interacting
- Value mixed age peer interactions amongst children to promote their learning
- Recognise the role of supportive relationships in children’s learning and development to promote better outcomes for children. Diversity is respected and celebrated and bias is challenged. We acknowledge and respect the original land owners
- Safe, nurturing, responsive environments for children and educators to explore and learn about the world together
- We listen to children’s theories and provide opportunities for children to extend on their interests, strengths and needs through ‘play’