Balmoral Uniting Community Centre
The Balmoral Uniting Community Centre (BUCC) has a rich history and is a bustling hub of activity in the local community. The Centre provides a range of social and support programs for people who want to stay active and engaged.
If you're looking for a supportive environment where you can socialise and get involved, you've found the right place. BUCC caters for people of all abilities and offers a variety of activities including:
- Aquatic exercise groups
- Physiotherapy classes designed to maintain mobility and balance
- Podiatry services
- Respite services
- Social support (in home social visits)
- Help with shopping
- Friendship groups
- Regular morning teas
- Social outings including movie nights
- Holidays (currently 3 days / 2 nights) around South East Queensland
- Transport depending on availability
- Emergency food relief (food parcels)
- Volunteer visits and phone catch ups
- Small social groups with a wide range of venues (client's choice)
- Bus trips to varied venues throughout South East Queensland
- Individual counselling / social work
Transport is available for clients living in Murarrie, Cannon Hill, Morningside, Bulimba, Balmoral, Hawthorne, East Brisbane, Carina, and Carindale. Transport to other areas is dependent on availability, so contact us to find out more.
Parking is also available at the rear of the centre.
How To Access
Services can be provided at an hourly rate and some costs may be covered by Medicare or your private health insurer.
BUCC is open 9:00am to 3:00pm Monday to Friday, however, some activities take place after regular open hours.
How do I get started?
Our friendly team is here to support you through the process and to help to get you started. Please contact us to find out more.